WRF-NMM Users Page
Funding to maintain WRF-NMM at the DTC has ended and support will no longer be provided. To download HWRF, please see: www.dtcenter.org/HurrWRF/users. To download WRF-ARW, please see: www2.mmm.ucar.edu/wrf/users . To download NEMS-NMMB, please see: www.dtcenter.org/nems_nmmb/users.To download UPP, please see: www.dtcenter.org/upp/users.
Welcome to the users home page for the Nonhydrostatic Mesoscale Model (NMM) core of the Weather Research and Forecasting (WRF) system. WRF-NMM was developed by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) National Centers for Environmental Prediction (NCEP).
The current release is Version 3. WRF-NMM is designed to be a flexible, state-of-the-art atmospheric simulation system that is portable and efficient on available parallel computing platforms. WRF-NMM is suitable for use in a broad range of applications across scales ranging from meters to thousands of kilometers, including:
- Real-time NWP
- Forecast research
- Parameterization research
- Coupled-model applications
The NOAA/NCEP and the Developmental Testbed Center (DTC) are currently maintaining and supporting the WRF-NMM portion of the overall WRF code (Version 3) that includes:
- Nonhydrostatic Mesoscale Model (NMM) dynamic solver, including one-way and two-way static nesting;
- WRF Preprocessing System (WPS);
- Numerous physics packages contributed by WRF partners and the research community;
- Unified Post Processor (UPP) software package and sample scripts for several graphical packages.
Other components of the WRF system will be supported for community use in the future, depending on interest and available resources.