WRF Preprocessing System Updates
Version 3.6.1 of the WRF Pre-Processing System (WPS) was released on August 14, 2014.
Also see 'Known Problems' in this release, which is updated as needed.
WPS Version 3.6.1
Improvements and bug fixes
- Fixed a MPI issue related to writing flag values introduced in 3.6 (posted on Known Problem page on 5/14/2014)
- Fixed util/plotgrids.ncl (posted on 5/7/2014)
- Grib 2 library updated
- Allow for soil level code 118
- Option to process GFS U, V, T at tropopause and maximum wind levels (use Vtable.GFS+TROP)
- README file is added in ungrib/Variable_Tables/
- METGRID.TBL, interpolation option for soil fields have changed from 'average' to 'weighted-average'. This results in smoother-looking fields
- Support 3-digit year
- Fixed a problem in utility calc_ecmwf_p.F if missing data is present