- Community GSI system V3.2Beta: Release on 06/14/2013
- Community GSI system V3.1: Release on 07/20/2012
- Community GSI system V3.0: Release on 04/29/2011
- Community GSI system V2.5 Patch Release: 11/29/2010
- Community GSI system V2.0: Released on 04/27/2010
- Community GSI system V1.0: Released on 09/25/2009
You may download the following versions of the GSI system (including GSI source codes, libraries, compiling system, fixed files, and sample run script) from this site.
DTC provides some case data for testing purposes. Please click here to download the data.
The GSI requires specific data formats for observations to be assimilated:
- Conventional observations (including satellite derived data, e.g., satellite wind):
PrepBUFR format (NCEP featured BUFR format)
- Satellite radiance data, GPS radio occultation data, Radar observations:
Descriptions about the data formats and links to some data resources are provided here .
External Libraries Needed To Build GSI
The follow libraries are not in GSI release package but needed for GSI building: